What is Employee Fraud?
Employee fraud happens when an employee intentionally takes something from their employer in an illegal manner. Examples of employee fraud include:
- Time theft
- Theft of intellectual property
- Misuse of company assets
- Contract breaches
- Conflict of interest and more
Any type of corruption, collusion or fraud can financially destroy a business, so business leaders should always remain vigilant, and put prevention measures in place.
Ask A Business Expert Explains Gross Margin
What Causes Employee Burnout?
Burnout is not caused by regular stress. All jobs come with some stress that will wax and wane through normal cycles. Burnout is a result of unrealistic deadlines and uneven workload distribution. It happens when the expectations for what someone is supposed to achieve are beyond what they are capable of.
Specifically, burnout is caused by:
- Unrealistic job and goal expectations
- Unclear job and goal expectations (poor communication)
- No control over workload
- Unrealistic time expectations
- Long hours
- High-pressure environments
- Inefficient processes and workflows
- Little to no recognition of effort and achievement
If you’d like to learn more then check out the article titlted ‘How Can I Prevent Employee Fraud?‘
Got A Business Question?
Click the link to send in your business question.